Friday, January 8, 2010

The Omnipod

So, I have a friend in Ohio who is a diabetic that I haven't spoken to in almost 3 years, and here recently we've been chatting on myspace..anyhow, she tells me about this new insulin therapy she is on now and it's called the Omnipod. I've been doing my research, and it's turning out pretty good. I'm really interested in it, and I'm really considering switching to it. I have an Endo appointment in February, and I'll talk things over with him then and see what he thinks. I just hope my insurance will pay for it! If anyone is interested, here's the link to the website for more info myomnipod.com. So far from what I've read... there's no tubing, no needles, and not even a pump; it's now referred to as a PDM. I'm really hoping that I'll be able to switch over, because if so I may have better control over my diabetes :) Let me know what ya think!

No comments:

Post a Comment